Have you been experiencing an abnormal pain or tension in your back or hips recently? Are you feeling more stressed than usual, and aren’t sleeping well?
We have a solution for you. Massage therapy.
Massage therapy is the manipulation of muscles, tissues, tendons, and ligaments in your body. Muscles are massaged out to bring relief to painful or tense areas, loosen up knots, and relieve stress. There are many mind and body benefits that come with getting a regular massage. Not only that, but there are many different types of massage techniques and methods. Depending on what your body and muscles need, a massage session can be accommodated to you. Here at Escapes Massage Therapy in San Antonio, we offer a handful of massage methods, all working toward relieving stress in your mind and body.
The types of massages we offer include:
- Swedish – a therapeutic technique that uses long strokes along the muscle groups to increase blood circulation to your heart. Knots and tension will be broken up in your muscles with circular rubbing and kneading techniques.
- Deep Tissue – a technique similar to Swedish massage, but with a higher intensity. Deep tissue methods aim to relieve chronic muscular pain in specific areas and joints on your body, including your back, shoulders, and neck. You’ll feel relief after the first session, but scheduling regular deep tissue massages are recommended in order to fully improve tense muscles and bring lasting relief.
- Hot Stone – a specialty massage aimed to relax your mind and body. The massage therapist will placed smooth heated stones along your body and muscle groups to warm up tense muscles, allowing the therapist to work on breaking up knots and tension more efficiently.
- Aromatherapy – a massage therapy session incorporating essential oils into the massage oil or lotion. This method is similar to the Swedish massage, but with the added oils, your muscles will relax further. Not only is aromatherapy techniques excellent for your muscles, but if you suffer from headaches, insomnia, or even digestive disorders, you will benefit.
- Prenatal – a massage method created specifically for expecting mothers. During pregnancy, the weight of carrying a growing human can put pressure and stress on surrounding muscles and joints, which can cause nerve pain and sciatica. A prenatal massage will work to relieve this tension and relax muscles.
- Reflexology – a treatment for your feet. The benefits of reflexology massage techniques include toxin cleansing, increased circulation, and immune system boosting. Reflexology can bring healing and relaxation to many parts of the body.
What To Expect From Your First Massage Therapy Session
Now that you know the types of massages we offer at Escapes Massage Therapy, you can feel more comfortable booking an appointment. If you have never experienced a massage before, you may not know what to expect when you come in for your appointment. We’ve assembled a list of information for you so that you feel more aware and informed beforehand.
Wear Comfortable Clothing
While you generally take off your clothing and lay underneath a blanket during a massage, depending on your comfort level, having comfortable clothes to slip into after your session is done will make the experience that much better. Grab a pair of sweatpants or a cozy sweater to continue the feelings of relaxation you’ll be experiencing post-massage.
Share Your Health And Wellness Goals With Your Therapist
Your therapist will begin your appointment by asking you preliminary questions about what part of your body you want focused on during the massage, if you have any health issues that they should be aware of, and what your wellness goals are. If you have any allergies to lotions or oils, be sure to inform them of this too, as relaxing oils and creams are used during the massage. A massage specialist will be able to structure the massage toward you and your body’s needs, so be sure to inform them of how you want to improve your overall muscular health.
Drink Lots Of Water After The Massage Session
Chances are your therapist will give you a bottle of water after the massage is completed. It’s critical to stay hydrated after because your body’s muscles have just been through a workout, toxins have been released, and you might feel tired.
Schedule Your Appointment With Escapes Massage Therapy
If you’re interested in experiencing a massage, do not hesitate to book an appointment with us online. Today is the day to give your body the care and attention it deserves.